International Tax Planning
Kiew has a renowned capability in the international tax planning field, specialising in individuals:
- who are ‘non-doms’ (persons with a domicile of origin from overseas) seeking to live in the UK and looking to invest here; frequently in conjunction with Visa applications;
- who already live in the UK, providing tax advice and related support services;
- who are leaving the UK to reside overseas.
The advice covers the whole field of taxation, including SDLT (in relation to property transactions); herewith a few examples:
- Remittance taxation, structuring overseas bank accounts whether in personal names or trust and companies; enabling tax-efficient remittances to the UK;
- Structuring and advice both pre and post settlement into the UK;
- Advising of opportunities, as one example for the very favourable Business Investment Relief;
- Advising on Inheritance Tax (IHT) planning, family succession, use of Wills, Trusts, Letters of Wishes and the advantages of non-dom status in general;
- In particular, the governments new proposals concerning non-doms in the areas of IHT, the opportunity for restructuring non-UK bank accounts (creation of ‘clean’ capital for tax-free remittances) and so on. At the time of writing the new non-dom proposals have been deferred until after the General Election but are expected to be introduced later in 2017. Our Site will be updated as the position crystallises.